Health Informatics Database Modeling and Application
Multiple Choice Questions
For each question below, please select a single correct answer. 1 point for each question.
(1) You have a reading of a patient’s temperature at 99.3 0 F. Which category of data this reading belongs to?
A. Unstructured data
B. Nominal data
C. Ordinal data
D. Quantitative data
(2) CHEM-7, a basic metabolic panel, is a group of blood test that provides information about a patient’s metabolism. It
has 7 components: blood urea nitrogen (BUN), carbon dioxide (CO 2 ), creatinine, glucose, serum chloride (Cl - ), serum
potassium (K + ), and serum sodium (Na + ). Considering the following result of a CHEM-7 test:
BUN: 15 mg/dl
CO 2 : 23 mmol/l
Creatinine: 1.1 mg/dl
Glucose: 92 mg/dl
Cl - : 108 mmol/l
K + : 4.1 mEq/l
Na + : 138 mEq/l
If you select to use entity, attribute and value model to represent the CHEM-7 data, which following statement is incorrect?
A. 108 mmol/l is the value of the data attribute Cl -
B. CHEM-7 is the data entity
C. Creatinine is the value of the data entity CHEM-7
D. Glucose is a data attribute for the CHEM-7 data entity
(3) Which of the following statement is not a benefit of using a DBMS?
A. Addressing information needs
B. Concurrent data access
C. Data integrity
D. Efficient data access
(4) Consider the following design of a table with the records populated. Please identify the problem in the data fields of this table:
A. Calculated field
B. Multipart field
C. Multivalued field
D. Unspecified field
(5) Considering the following two tables and relationship in a database:
The relationship between the two tables?